Friday, September 30, 2011

Scott

Godson Scott called last night to tell me he was the only "mom" who volunteered to be the leader of a group of "Daisy" Girl Scouts (pre-Brownies he told me).  He needed a detailed recommendation attesting that he is not a pervert faxed to the Girl Scouts.

I reminded him that I had written a recommendation for his very first job as a stockboy when he was 15.  Old people can do that - remind the kids we were around when they were just grasshoppers.  I'm sure the kids love when we do that ;-)

What nice things can I write about Scott?  That he can teach the Daisys all about computers? How to build a house from the ground up?  That one can work themselves up in the world through hard work and a positive attitude? To stay away from alcohol, smokes and drugs? That they can learn to cook like the guys on the Food Channel?  To have a smile on their face almost 100% of the time?  To love animals?  To find joy in nature whether its by swimming, scuba diving, boating or camping? 

Yep, I can write all those things about Scott and much. much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment