Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Boss

I owe my boss a lot.  He hired me twice, once at the County and again at the City.  Thanks to him I have a nice City pension which will probably guarantee I will never be a bag lady.

He is a genuinely nice guy and knows a lot about some aspects of IT that I do not (and am not really all that interested in).  But he is on thin ice here at work because of a huge failed project.  Basically his worse flaw is believing vendor hype and not doing due diligence.

I feel he is on the same path again with a new, very visible project and I have thought about little else for days.  When I try to ask the tough questions or offer my opinion, I am getting shut out (his way of dealing with unpleasant topics). 

This is a very tough one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment