Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things....

After all these years, my home is filled with things I love.  Most of my favorite things are Judaica.  Each has a little story.  Here are just a few.

Hamsa wall plaque
My late BFF Sheryl found this in a head shop around 1969.  Neither one of us had a clue what it was except that it had Hebrew writing on it.  My Dad explained it was a good thing and not evil as we had feared. 



Torah and Hagaddah
Sheryl gave them to me for Chanukah a year or two before she died.  They sit in a niche in my wall.  They are simply gorgeous, beautifully illustrated.







 
Rabbi Picture
Purchased at Montmartre, the artists gathering place in Paris France, in 1972 for $25.00 (framed).  The artist is Andre Grass.  I will grab this on my way out if I have to evacuate the house suddenly.







Wailing Wall Menorah
Purchased at the Glenview Hospital Gift Shop while visiting a sick relative.



No comments:

Post a Comment