Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chabad etc.

Chabad, Aish and other Orthodox groups have a big presence in my little corner of Hollywood Florida.  Although I am far from "frum" I do enjoy the plethora of Jewish restaurants, synagogues, Judaica shops and grocery stores that come with them.  It's also nice to see the "frummers" walking on Shabbos with their children.

I grew up thinking that being frum was meshugeneh, a little too off-beat and crazy.  After all, my father had "rebelled" against the Hasidic lifestyle of his youth, opting for a more modern (but still observant) daily existence. 

But I now have come to greatly appreciate and even admire the "frummers".  I believe it is due to their efforts that there is a resurgence of Yiddishkeit and Jewish tradition that will assure our people will survive and thrive for at least another generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment