Monday, September 12, 2011

All My Children

I was a faithful (addicted) watcher of the ABC soap opera All My Children from about 1975 until I went "cold turkey" 30 years later.  For all that time, even before the days of VCRs, I rarely missed an episode.  That took a lot of creativity like asking a waitress to change the channel at lunch time, or using a little TV with an antennae when I travelled around the country. 

After the blessed invention of the VCR, hitting rewind and watching the show was the first thing I did when I'd come home from work (after walking the dog of course).  After moving to Florida, I even went to Soap Fest in Orlando and saw the "stars" in person.  How silly was I? I'm kinda embarrassed to confess this.

I watched folks like Kelly Ripa and Sarah Michelle Gellar get their first breaks and move on.

All My Children's last episode will be September 23, 2011.  I don't miss it even the tiniest little bit but it was a patch in the quilt that is my life. 

May All My Children RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment