Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Grief Toolbox

I stumbled upon a Facebook site called "The Grief Toolbox" about a week ago. It grabbed me and pulled me in even though to the world it would not appear like I am in mourning - Baruch Hashem!

Yet I relate to the words of comfort and the feelings expressed through the poetry of others that are posted on this site. It's true, I have lost parents, grandparents and my lifelong friend to death. But I have also lost people that I cared about, people who are still living but for some reason are no longer in my life. This feeling is also grief.

I also feel for others who are working their way through grief to - hopefully - acceptance and a new reality. I think that is another reason this site resonates with me and touches my heart. I have tried to gently recommend it to bereaved friends.

Thank you Grief Toolbox...

No comments:

Post a Comment