Thursday, July 17, 2014

More

We all want More right? There's a TV commercial out there for some kind of cell phone service (I think it's AT&T) that touts "more is better". OK, so sometimes Less is More but mostly More is More.

I saw this saying (where else? on Facebook) and got to thinking what More means to me. Most of these are spot on but of course I'll substitute coffee for tea, rides in the golf cart for long walks, and LIVE music for music.

Funny how more money seems to fade in importance in our later years. Was it ever really that important?

When we decided to move to Florida no job or incremental income would have substituted for living in a place with inclement weather and the feeling that life could only be enjoyed for six months out of the year. When I decided to retire I knew that no job, no matter how well-compensated, interesting or important, was going to continue to siphon off ten hours of my life every workday.

So yes, my life now IS filled with more of the above plus more friends and more time for quiet reflection and appreciation of all that I have.  More really is More!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment