Monday, July 14, 2014

New Years in July

It's been almost a year since we made the decision to move to The Villages and what a year it's been!  We sold three properties (Super Yay!) and bought this beautiful and comfortable home and fixed it up and decorated it to our liking. We got through the move and all the account and address changes. We joined a new Temple and made new friends. We explored Central Florida and hosted the kids and Harv and Vi. We went to a wedding in Canada, two business trips to Atlanta and squeezed in a cruise. We survived hubby's horrible sick time (Double Super Yay!). Life is good and I am happier than ever.

But some things could still use some attention. I've gained close to five pounds and am not happy about it. It gets harder than ever to keep one's weight down as the years progress. But I am not giving up.

Today I rededicate myself to my goal of staying slim and will be joining the Osteoporosis Low-Impact Strength Training classes offered twice a week near the house. I'll be curtailing my food intake and not finishing everything on my plate when we eat out. I'll go to the pool more often and paddle my way to fitness and a healthy glow.

No excuses! It's my New Years in July resolution!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment