Friday, July 18, 2014

Mad World

Yesterday was a strange and sad day and I could not tear myself away from the TV, Facebook and my smartphone alerts.

A jumbo jet carrying 298 souls was shot down "by accident".

Israel invaded Gaza and I hear there was one Israeli soldier killed, may his memory be for blessing.

The Dow was down 161 points.

The world seems a little crazier and a lot scarier today.

Yet life for me in my cozy bubble of The Villages continues. The scale is responding nicely to my efforts to blast off the offending weight gain, my letter to the Editor was published in yesterday's paper and I scored the absolute coolest top (just my style, Bohemian-Hippie) at the "50% off the clearance rack sale" at Bealls.

It is the counterpoint of small, happy, little things that keeps this Mad World sane...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment