Friday, July 4, 2014

Retail Therapy

I have repeatedly vowed to "use up" everything in my closet and not buy anything new. But sometimes the shopping bug stings me and I am drawn to either eBay or the brick-and-mortar shops as if I hear a siren song playing in my head. Is there a trigger for such oddly irrational behavior? You bet.The ubiquitous XX% OFF! coupons in my morning newspaper or in my email.

I scour my mental Wish List for items that I could use my coupon to purchase. Do I really need another pair of jeans or shorts? Could I use a more comfortable "everyday" shoe? Do I have enough mascara and eyeliner to get me through say the next decade? Cute tops for going out or synagogue? Surely there must be something perfect out there to round out my wardrobe!?!

It's the Fourth of July and I'll spend the morning with a gal pal trolling the Market of Marion. I'm pretty safe there because their selection is rather limited in the fashion department. But I better watch out for that great smelling Kettle Corn!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment