Thursday, August 15, 2013

You're Not Pretty Enough

I guess the worst thing some women can hear is "you're not pretty enough".  I got this message when I read this article about a woman who (severely traumatized) went on a mission to boost female egos after her spouse flung those four horrible words at her. Trust me, hearing those words - spoken in anger by a cheating husband - are far, far from the worst things one can hear and definitely are not worthy of a second thought. 

This is what I believe: happiness and a fulfilling life await most women.  If this joyful state somehow eludes them, their looks have nothing to do with it.  I have seen homely women snag prize husbands who adore them and beautiful women who have known nothing but heartache. Self-confident women enjoy greater successes with time while some super-attractive women suffer when their beauty fades with age. 

Still not convinced? With the miracles of diet (or even bariatric surgery), make-up (or even cosmetic surgery) and some cute outfits and a decent hairdresser, almost every woman can enhance her looks to the point of being "pretty enough" for anything.

Want to cut me to the core?  Tell me I'm not smart enough!

Meanwhile I'll continue to strut my "pretty enough" stuff all the way to old age!

;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment