Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Break

I've been working awfully hard lately and my body and mind tells me I need (and deserve!) to take a break. This is not as easy as it sounds as I am basically pretty Type-A and once wound up on a mission it's hard for me to stop and goof off.

However, one sure-fire way to get me to kick back is to put me in a dark movie theater with a high-voltage action film and a box of popcorn.  My cell phone is turned off and I'm trapped in my seat for a good two hours.There is nothing like it (maybe alcohol but I don't drink) to take one away for awhile.  And going to the movies in the middle of a weekday is a true retiree pleasure.  Plus Tuesday is free small popcorn day I think.
 
Watching a movie at home cannot compare because I can still answer the phone, play with my cell phone or meander to the kichen where I start getting distracted. Also Dolly seems to always plan her requests for a walk in the middle of the Big Scene.
So I checked the listings and am debating between 2 Guns, Red2, or R.I.P.D.  I'm leaning to Red2 because 1) it's about retirees who can still kick butt and 2) my friend John gave it a thumbs up. 

Showtime!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment