Monday, August 5, 2013

Dexter

In 2004 I read a book review for Darkly Dreaming Dexter, a novel by a local Miami author, Jeff Lindsay.  The premise - a forensic blood splatter analyst for the Miami-Dade police department who moonlights in his spare time as a serial killer who kills murderers, rapists, and other undesirables who have escaped justice - completely captivated me and I immediately got on the list for the library's few copies.  How much do I love Dexter?  When Jeff Lindsay writes a new novel in the series, I order it from Amazon, yes the hard cover edition, not willing to wait for the library to process their copies. 

When Showtime decided to bring Dexter to life on the small screen, I had my doubts.  But kudos to them, they captured the feel, the personalities, and the Miami rhythm perfectly.  Super Kudos to the incredible actors who are cast perfectly.

TV Dexter is in the middle of its eighth and final season.  Like every other season before it, this one is terrific.  I will miss Dexter tremendously; it is without doubt my all-time very favorite TV show.  But thanks to Jeff Lindsay, his brain-child will live on as he (hopefully) continues to pen Dexter novels with plots equally as good as Showtime's but with a different twist on the characters' adventures. 

I'm hoping another one comes out soon.  Dexter withdrawal is MURDER!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment