Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Man Cave

The "After"
This week: No Friday night service.  No Torah study class. No Maj Jong.  Just Cleaning. Cleaning. And more Cleaning.

I finally tackled the Man Cave AKA The Garage.  Hubby helped by identifying strange artifacts and quickly filling a dozen Hefty bags while I held them. Then he retreated back to his office hahaha.

This freed me to spend at least ten hours scrubbing the shelves (they are fabulous - super heavy duty plastic that break down nicely for moving), cleaning the floor and organizing our stuff into categories: lawn stuff, insect eradicators, hardware, hurricane survival supplies, painting supplies, pool stuff and paint, plaster and caulk.  On top of all this we have a staggering number of power tools, vices, saws, screwdrivers, pliers, rakes, hoes, axes and other gizmos - all of which hubby assures me are needed to keep our modest home upright.  Luckily most of these (but not all) go into a giant rolling metal tool chest and other smaller chests which I also cleaned off.

Wow what a job!  I am super happy with the results and have spent several quiet and reflective moments just staring at my beautiful, perfect, organized creation. 

I can almost see the light at the end of the Man Cave! 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment