Saturday, August 17, 2013

Craig's Lost Chicago

An old friend sent me a link to Craig's Lost Chicago and it didn't take long before my eyes filled up with tears.  Oh the memories!  A few things were missing - the Slick Chick (an original 50s diner) and the Town and Country (where we went after my high school graduation) and The Little Corporal (best Patty Melts ever!  My old boyfriend took me there after an AZA Invite dance) - but Craig (whoever he is) sure has amassed a wealth of Old Chicago memories.

The Pie Pan.  Lockwood Castle.  Kiddieland and Riverview.  The Cock Robin (just blogged about it on Father's Day). Buffalo's Ice Cream. Amy Joy Donuts.  Di Leos (I had a bridal shower there).  The Como Inn.  The Pickle Barrel (all the lox you could eat!) The Hawthorne Mellody Farm. Polk Brothers. Maurice Lenell Cookies. Venture and Z Frank and Kohl's Foods. The Golf Mill Theaters. Robert Hall, Mandel Brothers and the Crawford Department Stores. Shopper's World - where I got my very first paycheck!  Montgomery Ward and The Chicago Daily News and The Chicago American newspapers. 

So many memories!  Thank you Craig!

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment