Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Whew!

It's been one month since we returned from our first visit to The Villages and decided it was the place to spend our Golden Years. 

In the month since: we/I have made a second trip back, bought a new house, had the roof and driveway pressure washed, put new sod in the backyard and mulch everywhere, had the windows washed, sent Grandma's oriental rug out for cleaning. listed our current house and the beach condo for sale, thrown out 40+ hefty bags of stuff, cleaned out and organized the garage and every closet and cabinet, applied for a reverse mortgage to finance the new house and arranged for reverse mortgage counseling (required), scheduled an estimate from Mayflower for moving (I'm sentimental about Mayflower due to our days as truckers), had three house showings and a lot of beach condo showings, finally got my Prolia shot after oodles of calls between me, Blue Cross, Caremark and the doctor's office (why health care costs so much), had breakfast with my old staffers and boss, went to a christening, got a haircut and my nails done, celebrated birthdays and our anniversary and mourned my cousin's passing.  And that's not all!

I feel good about all of the above. I even went to the library and borrowed the 2006 DVD of "The Secret" that reinforces positive thinking and sending out affirming messages to the Universe.  I'm super excited about the future and I'm doing all I can to attract the good stuff that awaits!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment