Monday, May 21, 2012

Losing a Loved One

Facebook pal Adrianne (a sweetheart) wrote today that her fiance Ken has passed away from a heart attack.  I believe this was very sudden as she gave no indication of his being in poor health.  I am verklempt at this and another sad story that has gripped my emotions.

On December 21, 2011, I blogged a piece called "Second Act".  I talked about how happy it made me to see Adrianne's new engagement ring on her well worn hand.  A symbol of New Beginnings, even in the autumn of our years.

The loves in our life are not perfect but of course, neither are we.  Their smile warms our hearts, their laugh is the most beautiful sound, and we marvel at their unwavering support whether we are right or wrong, happy or sad, richer or poorer.  Everyone we love, or have loved in the past, is unique, irreplaceable, and holds a special place in our heart no matter how our "relationship" is defined by society or even by us.

a sad day....

No comments:

Post a Comment