Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Soundtrack

There is an expression - "the soundtrack of our lives".  I am definitely not a huge music fan but over the years there have been songs that gave me inspiration, encouragement or just got my juices flowing ;-)

On my wedding day, I sat on the front porch day-dreaming with Neil Diamond's Cracklin' Rosie.

When I was just starting my career in IT I'd get motivated with Bruce Springsteen's Hungry Heart.

In the 80s, when I faced obstacles at work I would crank up Crowded House's Don't Dream It's Over  for encouragement to go into "battle".

When I prayed for a friend there was Jeff Buckley helping me with Hallelujah.

Of course none of these songs were about anything at all to do with what I was going through at the time but somehow their words and melodies were spot-on.

Today there's Kelly Clarkson's Stronger  (as in whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger).  Yep, definitely my new theme song ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment