Sunday, May 13, 2012

Shopping In My Closet

One of those sage bits-of-wisdom from our mothers was to "shop in your own closet".  What this translated to was "you probably have so much stuff you've forgotten about that if you look it will seem brand new to you". 

Since I've had more time of late to rummage through drawers, I've discovered a pile of long forgotten trinkets and tschatske.  Cool stuff like earrings that I used to love and would now be perfect with my latest acquisitions.  A bracelet that I just had to have twenty years ago - so much so that I spent $45.00 on myself, an unheard of phenomena at the time.  Genuine "vintage" clothes that of course were not so vintage when I bought them new (or gently worn). Enough lipstick to last me for years.

In a way shopping in my own closet is a trip down memory lane.  But best of all, the person who stocked my closet had most excellent taste!

;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment