Thursday, May 3, 2012

Defending Jacob

Woo hoo, the library is holding Defending Jacob (number 18 this week on the New York Times bestseller list) for me.  The premise is intriguing - a District Attorney must defend his 14 year old son for murder.  The father learns how really little he knows his teenage offspring, big surprise there.

It's scary to ponder what we might not know about people close to us.  I'm sure everyone has a secret or two (or a dozen) they would prefer the world not know.  This is obviously especially true of politicians! 

Last night, hubby told me that once during hurricane season his estranged brother called "to see if we were alive".  He knew I'd be upset so he didn't tell me.  I congratulated him on his good judgement.  I am not one who needs to know absolutely everything, hahaha.  I really think, deep down, that is true of everyone in every kind of relationship.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment