Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Second Act

I found an interesting site - Yahoo Vitality - which features a bunch of videos called Second Act. The videos are "A Webby Award-winning series about real stories celebrating life, passion and reinvention". I admire anyone who re-invents themselves especially a little later in life. Losing weight, giving up smoking, changing careers or pursuing your lifelong-but-suppressed dreams is super admirable.

This is a picture of my Facebook friend Adrianne's new engagement ring.  Her other hand was shaking with joy so the picture is not real clear but you can see she is no spring chicken, she's older than me (if you can believe it).  Something about seeing that sign of new beginnings on her well worn hand brought tears to my eyes.

I have heard that after 60 you enter the phase of life called "The Third Third". This sounds to me like Act Three of a play, and Act Three usually means the plot all comes together and everything is revealed. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment