Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Piano

I had forgotten all about the piano.  There were actually two pianos - the mahogany one in my grandparent's house and the blond Wurlitzer (bought used) in my parent's house.   There is a good reason that I had forgotten them.  I hated the piano!  Thinking about it again really sent me into a downer!

Mom loved to play the piano and of all the things we could have used money for when I was young, she insisted on piano lessons for me.  After about a year of me never practicing even the piano teacher, Miss Papadopoulos, agreed it was a lost cause.

In the last years of her life, Mom's one wish was to play the piano again.  I bought her a keyboard and she seemed to enjoy it although she was frustrated that her old skills did not return to her easily.

To this day I remain tone deaf and music is far down my list of pleasurable pursuits.

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment