Friday, December 2, 2011

City Blues

Can a City actually be sad?  Apparently so.  Here's are the top ten saddest cities from a recent article in Men's Health magazine:

St. Petersburg, FL  (the saddest) (are you kidding??)
Detroit, MI 
Memphis, TN 
Tampa, FL
Louisville, KY 
St. Louis, MO 
Birmingham, AL 
Miami, FL  
Reno, NV  
Las Vegas, NV

Of course this is BS.  Some dude or dudette with a looming deadline and writer's block must have made this up.  It is physically impossible to feel too bad when the sun is shining and warm and the sky is blue and beautiful flowers and foliage abound and the air is fresh and breezes come off the ocean.  If I have to be poor, sick, old, unemployed and/or depressed, I think I would rather be poor, sick, old, unemployed and depressed in Florida.

So where are the so-called "happier" cities?  Honolulu is Number 1.  I guess I can understand that although I hear the cost of living there is in the stratosphere.  But come on! Don't tell me Jersey City is Number 18 !

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment