Thursday, December 8, 2011

Games

I used to play Zynga games like Cafe World and Petville and Farmville before I realized my mind was going and that playing with myself is not as much fun as it sounds.

I have always wanted to learn to play a card game.  My goal was to have a group of friends that I could play and socialize with.  The closest I ever came was playing a bit of Pinochle in college for awhile. 

A few years back my friend Jennifer decided a group of us ladies should get together and play Bridge.  A highly civilized game requiring thought and skill.  The ladies she picked were all like me, intelligent (theoretically) successful (debatable) professional women.  We hired a real live teacher (actually there were two of them), scheduled weekly get-togethers at each other's homes, bought books and practiced during the week.  Do you think any of us could master even basic Bridge?  Heck no!  After months of trying we gave it up.

I got a "kit" (chips, cards and an instruction pamphlet) a few years ago on Texas Hold-em Poker.  The entire world seems to know how to play this so really, how hard can it be??  I am trying to learn by practicing and observing in online games. 

Will keep you posted  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment