Monday, September 29, 2014

Around The World

My new friend Addy is going on a World Cruise for four months. Wow!  Even more wow, she and her partner Marty go on a four month cruise every year.

The idea of a World Cruise never entered my conscious thought before but now it is entrenched in some corner of my brain and it keeps popping up. I'm thinking hmmm maybe this is a wonderful way to celebrate a lifetime of achievement and also an easy way to see the parts of the world I've never been to. No way am I flying halfway around the world and sitting for long stretches in airports and cramped seats (except maybe to Israel again). But I guarantee this (if it ever happens) would be a once-in-a-lifetime celebration and not an every year occurence!

So I am checking out the offerings of the cruise lines. If we're going to go for three or four months why not for six months? As I said, it's once-in-a-lifetime, right?

Oh those faraway places with strange sounding names! I have no idea where half of them are.

And the logistics! What happens to the mail for six months? Will the house still be standing? How much dust will be on the furniture? Will the cars still work? What if we need a dentist in Nawiliwili or we run out of deordorant in Togo? Or I need a mascara in Sihanoukville?

Ah daydreaming. It's free and I don't even have to pack a toothbrush...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment