Friday, September 5, 2014

Goodbye Joan


I really don't like mean humor (but she was funny and usually right on target) and I would hate my choices being critiqued by Fashion Police but I can't help but feel sad about the passing of Joan Rivers yesterday. She was truly one of a kind.

She was a proud Jew, and the perfect manifestation of Jewish Motherhood. She loved Israel and was not afraid of any political incorrectness blow back. And guess what? I actually admired her attempts to stay as young looking and as beautiful as possible even as she aged. I think looking good and feeling good go hand-in-hand. And I think because Joan Rivers felt beautiful and vibrant she was able to keep up with her demanding schedule. I marvelled at her ability to cheat Father Time for awhile with her tousled streaked blond hair and impeccable make-up.

If you would have asked me last week if I'd miss Joan Rivers I would have said "no way". I guess you really don't know what you have 'til it's gone...

RIP Joan.  The world is a little less funny today.

:'-(

No comments:

Post a Comment