Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bingeing

I've been bingeing for the past few weeks. Oh no, not on Cookie Dough Ice Cream but on past seasons of 24. I understand I am not the only one who binges in this way - it seems to be a new alternative to waiting a week to watch a single episode of one's favorite shows at a time. Plus the DVDs do not contain those distracting commercials that interrupt the action. 24 is especially an excellent choice for binge watching since the episodes flow seamlessly from one to the other and the seasons build on the characters and events of the one before it.

I first started watching 24 after it was well into its run so I had to catch up by reserving single DVDs (they each held four episodes) from the library and waiting for each to arrive. As a result, I saw the seasons out of order and in sporadic bursts so I missed a bit of the flow and character development.

This go-round is much better as I did not fool around with the library or Netflix but bit-the-bullet and ordered the ginormous "complete set" of all eight seasons plus the made-for-TV movie and special features from eBay for the paltry sum of $109.99 with "free" shipping. Well worth it. I calculate it's about 130 hours of quality entertainment in 57 DVDs.

I am halfway through the last season so my bingeing days will soon be replaced by my former activities of watching the news, cleaning the house, blogging and bathing.

But of course, Season 9 (Live Another Day) should be out on DVD in a few months. I will live to binge again!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment