Monday, June 23, 2014

My Brush With Fame

As you know, Dear Diary, I am a big fan of "24", the best action series ever to grace the small screen. So it was not surprising I joined a FaceGeek community of other like minded aficionados called 24: Live Another Day.  And from there it was just a matter of time before I felt the overwhelming need to add my opinion, especially when the question was as intriguing as "which was the saddest death along the seasons?"

Oh Pa-leeeze! No question it was Edgar's death - the lovable, semi-bullied, chubby (OK, fat) geek who loved his mother and was such a "good boy" died an agonizing death from a weaponized virus while his co-workers looked on helplessly from behind a protective shield.

My comment - "Edgar, so sad I couldn't watch it a second time when I watched all the seasons over again" - was liked by 8 people (the highest number of likes I think for any of the comments).  And guess what, one of the likers was Louis Lombardi himself, the actor who played Edgar Stiles and who created the frightening images that caused me sleepless nights for weeks. Although he's not a member of our little FaceGeek page, I guess he appreciated a sincere compliment on his acting skill.

A small brush with fame for sure but it made my day... 

More 24 tonight! Yay!

;-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment