Monday, June 9, 2014

TOA

Tomorrow will mark a milestone for me. It is the first day I can apply for Medicare. Thanks to generous retirement benefits I only need to apply for Part A which is free. So the day will be more of a mental milestone than a Big Change in lifestyle or finances.

True Older Age (TOA) looms on the horizon (as if I had any doubts). I found myself reading the entire detailed circular on the area's newest "Senior Living" facility which was included in today's paper. They promise all meals, paid utilities, and an easy transition to their Memory Care section when the time comes. They will even fix you up with a room-mate for cost savings and a "new friendship". When this starts sounding good you know you are closing in on TOA!

Seriously, I am very glad such places abound and I can see where communal living may be preferable to a solitary existence. Although I consider myself a strong, independent and self-sufficient woman, in truth I have never lived alone and although others love it I'm not sure I would.

Am I wandering too far afield with my thoughts on a far distant future? I think maybe yes because I also spent a little too much time on the ad for cremation services in today's paper.

;-)  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment