Friday, June 13, 2014

Walk Right In

I volunteered to co-ordinate the November Royal Oak Social Club event. My brainy idea is to make it a Beatnik Coffee House complete with smoke from my Halloween "smoke" machine (actually safe water vapor), candles in votive holders on the tables (actually little battery powered fake candles), "special" brownies wink wink (actually from Publix) and The Villages own Folk Music traveling band. I'll instruct everyone to wear black tops (too hot here for turtlenecks), blue jeans and sandals. I ordered 5 black berets for the organizers and volunteers from eBay (only $13.55 with free shipping!) and I'll try to pick up more if I see them at a good price. Sounds like fun, no?

I even have a budget ($300.) and a "helper", Ellie. Today we took her golf cart to a snowbird neighbor's garage where big bins of decorations are stored for all the Royal Oak events. The votive holders are already there along with big coffee filters. Ellie has promised to sing a Joan Baez song (she's really good, you should hear her do "Cry Me A River"). 

So Royal Oak neighbors, Walk right in, Sit right down, Daddy let your mind roll on...

;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment