Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kiddush Cup

I am cleaning my jewelry, packing my best make-up and straightening iron, trying to remember extra contact lenses and panty hose, and gazing lovingly at my new little black dress - all in preparation of attending Sharona and David's wedding. 


Avignor Ezra Silverstein
Would this be a good time to pass on one of my most prized possessions - my great grandfather's Kiddush cup?  Will David - his great-great-great-grandson - cherish this small silver cup, now 130 years old, and use it lovingly every Friday night?  Will he treasure it and pass it on to a seventh  generation?

I am thinking yes. After all, he read directly from our family's ancient Megillah on Purim. He must be a such a mensch!  Just to make sure, I will ask his father. Perhaps Chuck would like to see this cup go to one of his other four children?  I have my grandfather's large Kiddush Cup (I use it on Passover for Elijah's Cup) and my father's small cup also - they too will someday need new homes.

But not quite yet.  It will be hard enough to part with Avignor's Cup...

;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment