Thursday, June 12, 2014

Orange Is The New Black

Two of my cousins convinced me that Orange Is The New Black would be worth a try.  They are addicted. So I ordered the first 4 episodes from Netflix and made it through 3 and a half of them. 

Especially interesting are the background stories told in flashback about how each inmate wound up in this women's prison. Most had made a conscientious choice that landed them in the hoosegow but some seemingly had no alternative but to sink to a life of crime.  Although there are some moments of "humor", I did not find any of it funny and I won't be watching any more episodes.

It is simply too scary. How easily we can take a terrible detour that changes our lives forever. How easy it is to lose everything - wealth, health, family, friends, self respect and hope for the future. How wonderful it is to be able to shower, sleep, pick up the phone, raid the refrigerator and go wherever we want whenever we want.

I think black is still the new black...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment