Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bubbe

So I'm reading that Susan Sarandon is becoming a grandmother soon but has decided to eschew the name "grandma" or anything like it and instead plans to be referred to as "Honey".

Far be for me to tell anyone anything about being a grandmother but I must admit I love being called "Bubbe" or any reasonable facsimile even though I have done bubkus to deserve such a lofty title. Laura's little ones have no living grandmother on either side, and although Scott's little ones do have a living Jewish grandmother, she has graciously willed the title of Bubbe to me. I think she prefers almost any other variation of the name, hahaha.

The grand-god-kids will be here soon (at least two of them) and I plan to make sure they have the best time ever.  I hope they will come to feel the same way about visiting me as I did about visiting my own grandmother once a year.  With any luck they will associate visiting us with visiting The Magic Kingdom and the rest of Disney World.

Nothing warms my heart in quite the way as hearing the grand-god-kids call me Bubbe.

I think Susan Sarandon is nuts. But then again, I kind of always suspected that...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment