Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Oven

Harv and Vi arrived safely yesterday (on time even! A major deal as thousands of flights from Chicago were cancelled yesterday). They warmed my heart by kvelling extensively over our beautiful (In My Humble Opinion) new house. Hubby even kicked in with a testimonial about how hard I worked and how little he was able to help me and how happy and proud he is of the great job I did. But Vi did zero in on the refrigerator and especially on the oven. A bit dated she said kindly. "I'm sure you will want a new one." The three of them then proceeded to discuss the merits of every make, model, color and feature of new ovens.

Truth-Be-Told I could not care less about the appliances and especially the oven which is in perfect condition and is used mainly to cook frozen pizza and biscuits that come in a tin. White is not the hottest color these days but in my kitchen it looks great with the white cabinets and stainless would wreck the entire effect (also IMHO).

But marriage is compromise if nothing else so I promised hubby we would go appliance shopping when he recuperates fully. If he is well I do not care what boils the hot dogs or the pasta!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment