Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bloggers and Journal Writers

There are over a thousand special interest clubs here in The Villages (TV). Do I have any special interests? Well yes, I like history, politics, mystery books, movies, trying new cuisines, shopping and blogging. I peruse the weekly Recreation News for things I might like to do and last week I tried out one of the Creative Writing clubs. Those folks mainly write fiction and some have published books to their credit. There is also a club just for folks who want to chronicle their memoirs.

None of those clubs are specifically for bloggers and/or journal writers. So I did what any energetic and devoted blogger would do - I asked the Recreation Department how I go about starting my own club. The staff there had to go through the list of existing clubs and I think they were a bit surprised that I was right, no club currently exists for this popular pursuit.

So they emailed a packet on how to start a club. I had to provide references and a blurb on the proposed club and my preferred location in TV. After they get the package back, they will "advertise" the proposed new club for a few weeks (the responses go to me) and if I garner enough interest Voila! a new club!

Here's my blurb.  I hope it sounds like fun.


Writing an online blog or keeping a private journal can increase your self- awareness, reduce stress, store your innermost thoughts and ideas, help you work through your challenges, express your joys and leave a lasting legacy of your life.  Blogs can even be a source of income.  If you already enjoy blogging or keeping a journal, or you’d like to get started, come learn some tips and techniques and share some of your posts or entries.  It’s the best free hobby and it might just change your life.


;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment