Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Light

I see the light!  The one at the end of the tunnel. It's getting brighter.

It's been a long tunnel, starting in early October with hubby's horrible condition and the failed closing on our house. But today hubby was finally off the prednisone (Super Yay!) and I see lots of other good things coming my way.

The house is scheduled to close this week or next. Yay!

The Royal Oak (my neighborhood) Social Club called on me today and assured me they are an active, inclusive, fun loving and supportive group and that I will soon have lots of friends and Maj Jong games to keep me busy. Yay!

I managed to grab the Books-on-CD copy of The Gods of Guilt, the current Number One Best Seller, from the Sumter County Public Library before the other 109 people on the waiting list for the book version saw it just arrived. Yay!

Godson Scott and Family have booked a four night stay with us in June.  Yay!

Cousin Chuck called to say he is so happy we will be at his son's wedding in Toronto this summer. Yay!

A beautiful full length cheval mirror is on its way from eBay.  I've always wanted one and my new super big bedroom has plenty of room for one.  Yay!

Eight slightly used Franciscan Apple dinner plates are also on their way from eBay.  My collection will be complete.  Yay!

Dinner at Golden Corral included fun conversation with a couple of other Villagers.  It reminded me what a friendly place this is, filled with people our age that are happy to stop for a while and shmooze even if they never met you. Yay! 

That light is getting brighter! YAY!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment