Monday, January 13, 2014

I Am Not...

"I am not my number"
The Huffington Post had an article on a project called What I Be which revealed people's darkest insecurities through a series of pictures. It also seemed to include the corollary "what I am not". This picture was the most powerful, at least to me, but all of the others were deeply moving as well.

It made me stop and think about my own insecurities. Am I a good person really??  Does my life have meaning really? Should I have done some things differently or chosen another path? Have I used my talents wisely? And the biggie: Why does my scale keep going up and down three pounds?

I've been in a small funk for the last week even though things are indeed looking up (see last blog post).  It's Monday morning and a good time for a personal reset.  Thank you Huffington Post for causing me to remember all of the great things I am and all of the not-so-great things I could still work on.

And oh ya, I think my scale is broken.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment