Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Voice In Our Heads

Seattle Seahawks Fullback Derrick Coleman has been deaf since the age of three.  Recently, his story went viral thanks to a commercial for Duracell batteriesAlthough it seems like Derrick can hear, at least a bit (with the aid of Duracell batteries of course), the message is to listen to the voice in your head, not the noise around you.

I, of course, am a firm believer in those homey axioms like "whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve" (Napoleon Hill) and “whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right” (Henry Ford). Truth-be-told I give credit to positive thinking mantras and inspiring songs like "Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House ) and "I Can See Clearly Now" (Johnny Nash) for helping me achieve work and personal goals. I just wish I could remember them more when the going gets a little rough, hahaha.

I hear that the Seattle Seahawks are favored to win it all this year in Super Bowl 48. Good Luck to you Derrick Coleman.  There will be lots of noise there but the voice in your head is definitely the loudest.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment