Thursday, January 2, 2014

Silk Plants

Here's a little secret about me: I love silk plants. I think it's mainly because I am totally unable to foster life in a real plant for more than a few weeks. They grace the kitchen and laundry room soffits, the dining room breakfront, and other strategic nooks and crannies when nothing else will do.

Most of my silk plants were purchased from places like Big Lots about 26 years ago when we moved into a new house. They were all the rage then and I've wondered from time to time if they are becoming passe and maybe I should pitch them all.  But I don't, I still like them, and whenever we move I give them a good bath and freshen them up for the new place.

Imagine my surprise when I realized I could use several more silk plants in the new house! Imagine my sticker shock when I saw that prices have greatly increased (but the realism has increased also so I can't complain).

Welcome new greenery, this Grape Leaf basket with "204 full green leaves and grape hued berries and realistic leaves accented by shades of brown and red". Ebay, please ship it quick!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment