Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Finally Home

I got my new driver's license today. There's a pretty good picture of me next to my new address and it's good for the next eight years. While at the Government Center in Ocala I also updated my voter's registration and the titles on the cars, and applied for the homestead exemption and the special "portability" exemption for those of us who are moving within the state. When I got home I was able to finally update my address at a certain bank that insisted on having a copy of an ID showing the new address. And oh yes, I texted the gardener that he no longer needs to cut the grass. All this plus cancelling the homeowner's insurance, electric company and City utilities at the old house effectively abolished my last ties to South Florida.   

What a wonderful feeling to own one property (not three). What a great feeling to love my new house (I think it's my favorite of any house we've lived in), luxuriate in the shell shaped bath tub and see the expansive view of thick Florida fauna from almost every room. How nice to see my social calendar filled with things to look forward to. How delightful to see the household budget for monthly expenses be trimmed down substantially. All my hard work and perseverance seems to have been rewarded.

I'm finally home! Sweet!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment