Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hello 2014

In a fit of optimism I bought a large 2014 calendar for $1 at Dollar Tree.  When I peruse the weekly Recreation News and the daily newspaper, I pencil in things I'd like to try.  The Renaissance Fair. The Computer Club. Philosophy. Tai Chi. Political clubs. Creative Writing. Maj Jong. Meditation. The Mullberry Ladies Group. Freethinkers. Hadassah. The Villagers Homeowners. A class at the library. Zen.

The days go by and I have done none of the above. My new retirement lifestyle is on hold until hubby gets better. My mind is just not on having big fun and socializing.

So I am filling my days with other things.  I re-subscribed to Netflix.  They mail me a DVD every few days and because I missed a lot of movies the last few months my queue is pretty robust.

I've found places for the last few decorative tchatchkes and pictures I thought I might not be able to use.

I shop on eBay for great bargains on my secret wish list.

I listen to the news and call a few friends.  

I try to help hubby in every way I can.  Sometimes my patience is not what it should be and then I feel bad because he is hurting so much and trying so hard to get through this tough time. 

I will survive! And thrive!  Promise. 

The calendar still has lots of pages left in 2014...

;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment