Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I woke up this morning feeling good!  True, the scale is up (again) from the gluttonous cruise and true, Harv and Vi are back in chilly Chicago but I have a bunch of stuff on the Plus Side going on. 

Hopefully the Custom Closet folks will show up today to beautify our his-and-hers closets with gorgeous imitation wood-tone shelves.  Since everyone who has seen my closet remarks on how few clothes, shoes and handbags I actually own, I am anticipating everything taking up even less room. I really hope they finish today because the bedroom looks like a hurricane has passed through what with everything stacked up on the floor and the dresser.

I ordered a custom transom to match the decorative glass inlaids in the front door and the side light. It will take five to eight weeks to arrive. Vi shlepped me around to look at homes for sale in The Villages and I noticed the ones with the pretty transoms were the nicest.

I can't wait until Sunday when the Klezmer band is coming to play at the Borscht Belt Club!

A Federal judge has overturned The Commonwealth of Virginia's ban on same sex marriage. Good News. How strange that Virginia was the pioneer in overturning the ban on inter-racial marriage in 1967.  You would think they would have gotten the message by now...

Hubby is improving slowly and I can actually touch him a bit without him flinching or gasping in agony. He has promised me a romantic get-away when he is back to 100%.  I suggested quaint and charming St. Augustine (never been there) only two hours away.  He suggested Venice Italy, a little further, hahaha.

I guess Valentine's Day will be celebrated a little later this year...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment