Monday, February 24, 2014

Shopping List

I guess I must have finally settled in because I have compiled a mental list of stuff I still need for the house.  Previously, any thought beyond just unpacking what I already own was banished to a distant future or maybe to never-land.

Yesterday I shlepped home a new "accent chair" from Tuesday Morning.  It's a great addition to the living room and balances the room nicely. It inspired me to look around for other needs. I'd like to get a massage chair or maybe a comfy wing chair for hubby's office.  We need a BBQ and a small water softener that removes chlorine (didn't know we had any, the water tastes great to me) and I'd like to get a small upright freezer. The Master Bath has a nice large area where a distressed Country cabinet would look terrific and hold additional towels.

Shopping around here has proven a bit more challenging than in South Florida. Once you have explored the shops and stores in The Villages, it's kind of a shlep to venture out to the surrounding small (to me) towns of Belleview and Leesburg. The largest mall near here, in Ocala, is no Sawgrass Mills. But the good news is I have lots of time to shop carefully as nothing is in the "urgent" category. There are a plethora of antique shops and old-time furniture stores (family owned for generations) to sample.

And I can shop with the best of them!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment