Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oh Life

Yesterday I happened to find a link to Oh Life.  It's not a phone app; it's simply a reminder to journal at the end of every day by asking you the simple question "How is your day going?" via an email. You answer back in a reply and the Oh Life folks store it away in a (hopefully) private folder that you can access from their site. This was how I used to keep the Dear Diary of my teenage years, just scribbling a little recap of my day right before I went to bed.

Now of course my blog is a little different.  I choose whatever topic has grabbed my attention and offer up my entertaining and witty observations on the subject. The fact that less than a handful of people - myself included and not even hubby - read my blog indicates that my offerings are not as entertaining and witty as I think they are. Hahaha.

Yes indeed I will take Oh Life up on their kind offer. I will not bore you with what I write everyday but here's what I will send for my first entry:

Wednesday February 26, 2014

Dear Oh Life,

Thank you for caring about my day. It started early with the long awaited visit to The Villages Health System (we had to wait for months for the initial appointment but now we are both IN). I really like Dr. Rosenblum and am glad to be in a system that offers coordinated health care among all my doctors, much like my beloved Cleveland Clinic did. I weighed a smidge over 119 at the doctor's office which is higher than I like. I must address this tout d'suite.

It was a rainy day and not conducive to running around so I baked an Italian Herb bread in the bread machine and wrapped it with a small bottle of olive oil and took it across the street to the new neighbors, Dwight and Debbie. I left it by their front door; hopefully they have retrieved it.

The second DVD of House Of Cards arrived and we watched that. Can't wait for the rest of them and I may even have to order Netflix streaming so I can see Season Two immediately after finishing Season One.

I threw out four old ratty tops. You can imagine, they were pretty ratty as I am inclined to keep stuff well past its prime.

It was a good day. Actually a Very Good Day.

Goodnight Oh Life.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment