Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sleepy Time

I rarely have trouble falling asleep and usually sleep soundly until morning. I guess I am active and busy during the day and usually collapse pretty early after reaching a point when I no longer care about anything on my "to do" list.  I am up early (although it's been getting later since retiring), ready to face the day and take on at least a small part of the world.

My secret? The age old recommendation to count my blessings, the last thing I do every night. Irving Berlin wrote it and Bing Crosby sang it:

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings


Last night I was pretty tired and I didn't even make it to five: Hubby has finally turned the corner and is doing better, life is returning to normal (Gotta Love Normal!), I love The Villages and the new house, lots to look forward to....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment