Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Tale Of Two Houses

In my neighborhood, on my own street even, are two homes for sale.  I have seen the insides of both, thanks to cousin Vi who when she visited last week wanted nothing more than to visit Open Houses (which take place every day here in TV).

Both homes are the exact same model and have the same square footage. The more expensive one has a pool and a hot tub and a golf car garage. The lots are about the same size with similar views. Both have nice features and are certainly quite "liveable". So why is one home worth $240,400 more?

OK the pool and extra parking for the golf cart account for some of it.  But the real value of the more expensive house is The Glitz

When you enter House $$$$ you are overwhelmed by the stained glass, the crystal chandelier, the built-in computer  nook, and the pictures, lighting, furniture, colors and opulence reminiscent of a fabulously wealthy French country estate.

When you enter House $ you are underwhelmed by its emptiness (no furniture), white walls and tile, and standard issue fixtures. It seems to be saying "look at me, I have potential!"

House $ probably feels like I do before I comb my hair and put on makeup, hahaha. 

I really hope nice folks buy and love House $.  After all, they will be my very next door neighbors!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment