Sunday, December 8, 2013

Up For Air

It's Sunday night and I've been working on my new home for five straight days. I must admit the house has exceeded my expectations!  Almost 98% of our stuff fits perfectly and looks fabulous in it. The other 2% are tchatchkes that I stowed away in the bottom cabinets of the breakfront. 

Oh yes, there is still quite a bit left to do and will be for many weeks or months. Pictures need to be hung and the garage is far from organized. The new lanai furniture is only half assembled by hubby. A professional picture hanger is coming tomorrow to hang Uncle Mattie's 12 Japanese prints (he bought them as a young sailor stationed in occupied Japan) in two straight rows of six prints each. Two companies are giving me estimates for closet systems.  A plumber is coming this week to raise the shower head (via a sliding slower head gizmo) because it's hung at the height for a 5 foot lady and not a six foot tall man. And a carpenter will be converting my pantry shelves to slide-outs.

But I am very pleased with the progress to date and feel Home At Last!

;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment