Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Retrospective

Cousin Jeannie posed this question today: Why did I move so far away?  Am I glad we moved to The Villages? Hmmm, I am pausing to contemplate my answer so I guess there are pro's and con's to consider.

My new neighborhood is alight with Christmas decorations in almost every house.  They are so pretty but it reminds me I left my predominantly Jewish neighborhood in South Florida far behind.  A negative.

My new house is beautiful and I like it even more than my old house (which I loved). A positive.

I'm not sure the medical care here will come close to the renowned Cleveland Clinic in South Florida.  I am tempted to pile in the car and head to CC immediately so that hubby can get the quality care I believe they provide. A negative.

The cost of living here is lower than in South Florida.  Homeowners insurance, car insurance, property taxes - all less than half of what we've been paying.  A positive.

I miss the beautiful Friday night services at Temple Solel and the Cantor's incomparable voice.  A negative.

There's a very active Temple filled with folks our age, tons of activities and entertainment options to choose from, and at least one or two couples that promise to be new friends.  A positive.

It's colder here! Positively chilly! The heat has been on in the house and we even mentioned the possibility of buying an electric blanket, something I never thought I'd own again.  A negative.

There's a wonderful feeling of "living in a bubble", a safe and friendly place to grow old. Services for older adults of every imaginable kind are readily available. A positive.

The godchildren love Disney and will be here often.  Another positive.

When all is said and done, I'm POSITIVE I will love it here!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment