Monday, December 23, 2013

Caretaker

So Much To Be Thankful For..
Hubby has been going through a very rough medical patch for the past three months.  Thankfully it is not life threatening. Baruch Hashem!  But it is exceedingly uncomfortable and often painful for him. It breaks my heart to see him suffer so. It will be at least another month before his condition begins to subside as he weans himself off the medication that is causing the problem. 

Of course, this situation could not have come at a worse time, when I was counting on him to help with the move and do the things (most requiring tools and know-how) I can't (although you'd be amazed at the stuff I can do myself hahaha). But somehow the house is shaping up nicely and the "honey-do" list is getting smaller. I drew the line at his putting together his workbench - no power tools (it requires using the power saw) while he is so heavily medicated!

I was feeling a little mope-y and sorry for myself. But I am rededicating myself to the Caretaker role starting today. I will focus on the fact that in a month or so he will be back to "normal" and our cousins will be here for a visit and a cruise (big fun). I've put the large roster of activities I've circled in the Recreation News on hold and I will start my "new Villager lifestyle" a little later than planned.

I can do this!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment