Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Home Office

Someone should invent something better than having three or four power strips to plug in dozens of computer peripherals and devices needed for a home office.  All electronic devices should get some kind of wireless power off a single plug in. I am sure someone is working on that right this minute!

In the meantime, I tackled the yucky task of crawling behind furniture and into specially designed crevices, threading cables through holes to power sources and squishing visible cables behind the desk, bookcase and printer stand as best as I could. I remember thinking the last time I did this 13 years ago that if I ever had to do it again there would be a "better way". If there is one, I still don't know about it.

This is truly a job for someone slim and flexible (moi) who has a small modicum of knowledge on how all these pieces plug into each other. Should there be a "next time" (I solemnly swear this is my last house before a life-care facility) I am guessing I will be too old and feeble, or at least too worried about breaking any of my porous bones, to do it myself. 

But the final product - Hubby's Home Office and the source of ongoing paychecks - looks pretty good if I do say so myself!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment